Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Snow Firefly

Here's to something I've not done before.
A birthday post and nothing more.
So there's a friend called Snow Firefly
For her, another year has gone by.

She's kinda odd, doesn't celebrate years,
This sad, for so many, the cheers
For old Firefly did ring out today
So I'd better find something awesome to say.

At first I promised a surprise
Came out empty, tears in my eyes
Then eureka, why not wishes in prose;
Or better yet, a poem, who knows?

So, have a Happy Birthday, Firefly Snow,
May sunshine be with you where'er you go
May you always find a shelter from rain;
May you always have a seat on the train.

And having thus wished you a Blessed Birthday
I'm running out of things I'm going to say.
Do always smile, just don't look so solemn.
I hope you're surprised as I've finished my poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment