Thursday, December 12, 2013

Appreciations and Compositions

Thanks for following my blog

Thanks for supporting my decision to commit to what most would think was a huge mistake

Thanks for supporting me and sending me words of encouragements

Thanks for all the times we've laughed together

Thanks for listening to my rants and complaints

Thanks for giving me the music that I write



I want to write about the music that I write.
Because a lot of the "normal" people out there
Ask me how I do manage to compose.

Where do I start?
I'll start at the beginning.
I start with the beat of the heart.

Its not an abstract idea, really.
I see you, sitting, walking, standing there
On a moonlit night, with the wind in your hair.

In a crowded place, in the cafe
Sipping your drink as you see me
See you sipping that drink.

A restaurant, over Japanese noodles
Your eyes are brown, I hope I didn't stare
As your lips move with a rhythm that I cannot ignore

I think I've fallen in love
with the pure art of beauty that is you
and then it begins, something from deep inside sings.

Amazing, the words flow like poetry
Explaining the strange chemistry
That I can never describe to you face to face

Then comes the music to the beat of my heart
It goes faster and faster and then it stops
Drop that bass for me, you've got me hooked

And then the audience claps. The unwritten song is sung.
You never knew that the phantoms shed tears
It was a masterpiece. But its a song that I'll keep to myself.

Because the world isn't ready. Not for this melody.
Nor for you and for me and its a tragedy.
But you just sit there unknowing, you leave.

The rest is really history, sometimes your song,
Our song, stays and never depart from me
And when I write it down, I compose.

So, ladies and gentlemen, that is how
a Black song is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment