Thursday, November 21, 2013

Fearless

I'm tired of talking about love for now.
Let today's lecture be on the topic of fear.

Just the other day I had lunch with a lady
(yes, apparently I still manage to find time to go out to lunch with an attractive female)
and one of the things discussed is the difficulty of acquiring a job after university.
Mark ye, undergrads fear unemployment.

And then there's phobias-
Fear of the dark, of spiders, of heights,
of clowns, of zombies, of zombie clowns (yikes!)
The stuff that keep us when we were kids up at night-
Monsters under the bed, creepy crawlies under the sheets.

Then we got older, we became afraid-
of death, someone close to us dying,
of love, and being rejected,
of laughter, directed by others at us.

We became afraid to live

And then we fear becoming irrelevant, of coming out behind
Of being friendless, of being ignored, of being forgotten.

Personally, you know what I am afraid of the most?
I'm afraid I'll never be good enough to live up to my calling.
I'm afraid I'll never achieve my life's purpose.
I'm afraid I'll fall and be unable to finish my race.

Being called into ministry is a comfort and yet a pressure.
You all worry about making a good impression with your employer,
Spare a thought for me! My employer is none other than God Himself!
Now imagine how it feels like if I failed at my job.

You know the one other fear I harboured?
God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone, let Us then make for him a helper"
As of now, I've been roaming the earth without a helper,
And I feel so incomplete. And my fear is that I shall never find a suitable helper for me.

Now THAT'S Scary!

But God did not give us a spirit of fearfulness, but one of power, love and sound judgement.
Challenge yourself today, and be fearless.
I will accomplish my mission,
I will find my helper one day,
I will be fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment